October 15, 2009

Wanted: Your Decorating .02 Cents

Okay, so let's say that I'm getting the yen to actually, finally, decorate the attic/play space. I mean sure, it's been nine years and we'd hate to rush in to anything but I'm thinking it might be time.

So I need input, opinions. I could just go ahead and do what I want but I'd rather endlessly hash over the ifs, ands, or buts. If I play my cards right I could put off a decision - and thus not have to actually bust a move to do anything - for a few more years, easy.


So right now we have worn, scrubby old stairs. Rustic, yes but splintery too. Being a lover of typography I'm kind of drawn to this look. Finished tread, white back, some lettering. Is this a "love it" or a "hate it" do we think? (Note: I am definitely anti-harlequin diamond shapes so those are not even on the table (or stairs) for discussion).



And, what is "our" opinion on paint/stain hybrids for railings ala'



Please comment or e-me. I just can't do this alone!